Northalsted SSA #18
Special Service Area #18 (SSA #18) is a special taxing district that has been established along North Halsted Street from Belmont to Irving Park. Revenue generated from the taxing district is directed back to the neighborhood to be spent according to the annual SSA work plan. A Mayorally-appointed SSA #18 Commission which is comprised of local property and business owners within the SSA develops the work plan. The Northalsted Business Alliance is the Sole Service Provider for SSA #18 and is responsible for implementing the SSA work plan.
Since being established in 1997, SSA #18 has provided funding and leadership to address concerns of property and business owners along Northalsted. In 2009, a 15-year extension was approved by the Chicago City Council. SSA #18 helps keep Northalsted an attractive place to work, play, invest, and do business by providing:
- Planters, landscaping, and street tree maintenance
- Sidewalk snow removal and maintenance within the SSA #18 boundaries, including power washing
- Maintenance of SSA #18 trash receptacles
- Banners and winter holiday decorations that brighten up the area
- Funding to support marketing efforts and special within the SSA #18 boundaries including Pride Fest, Market Days, the Halloween Parade, and WinterFest
- Facade and security rebates
Click here to view a map of SSA #18.
2015 SSA Commission Meeting Dates
The SSA Commission meets four times per year at Nookie’s Tree, 3334 North Halsted Street. Meetings take place at 10:00 a.m.. For more information about SSA Commission meetings, contact Northalsted Business Alliance staff at 773-883-0500.
- February 11
- April 8
- July 15 (if needed for budget approval)
- September 9
- December 9